woensdag 31 december 2008

The 2008 survey!

En ook dit jaar weer de standwerkersstem en de survey:

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Nothing I hadn’t done before I guess... please correct me if I’m wrong.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nope, I was going to do the 101 things in 1001 days until I realised that I was only loading more “things to do” onto myself. I’ve gone right back to not making them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Unless you consider Ashlee Simpson & Pete Wentz people close to me, no. ;-)

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Well, uh, I kinda almost did and I’m pretty close to myself, but almost doesn’t count.

5. What countries did you visit?
Apneist and I went to Madeira.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Same as last year: better health, less stress and more flow.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory forever?
The 14th of October, the day I went to the eye doctor and ended up getting admitted to the Urgent Care Unit with ridiculously high blood pressure.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving it. ;-)

9. What was your biggest failure?
Still don’t believe in failure.

10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
I was doing pretty much ok except for a bout of bronchitis, then the blood pressure thing happened.

10bis. What was the best thing you bought?
My Nintendo DS lite.

11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
99,9% of the people I came in contact with this year.

12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The remaining 0,1%.

13. Where did most of your money go?
Necessary thing, unnecessary things, I have no idea actually.

14. What thing did you get really, really, really excited about?
Dressing up for Halloween was way up there, hadn’t done that in a while.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
It was a several-song year: Mew - Special, MGMT - Electric Feel and Alphabeat - Fascination are the first three that come to mind.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? same
b) thinner or fatter? same
c) richer or poorer? same

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Enjoying life. Maybe that could be a resolution...

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Be stressed out like a mofo/getting needles stuck into my veins (by doctors!) with heinous bruising as a result.

20. How will you be spending the Christmas break?
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Still in love.

22. How many one-night stands?
N/a

23. What was your favorite TV program?
I only seem to watch reruns or something.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don’t hate anybody at all.

25. What was the best book you read?
De Aanslag – Harry Mulish. He might be a pretentious a-hole, but he sure can write!

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I realised I’ve been listening to Prince’s “When doves cry” for exactly 23 years now, so I guess I’m conservative. Or boring.

27. What did you want and get?
The Bass of Awesomeness!!! A couple of certificates for my diploma. An Umbrella Academy Umbrella (try saying it very fast) that makes me feel like a superhero. A tattoo. And maybe even a steady job.

28. What did you want and not get?
I pretty much have everything I want.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Brokeback Mountain broke my heart. It didn’t even come out this year, but I never saw it until like a week ago. I missed out.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Got tattooed, ate a ridiculous amount of cake and felt very hardcore. I turned 33.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Besides not almost dying you mean? ;-)

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I dress like a secretary who’s waiting for her career selling merch until her band takes off to take off. Yes, this sentence is correct.

33. What kept you sane?
I gave up on sanity a long time ago. It’s overrated anyway.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
In this house, we split the Frerard: I’m into Frank, Apneist is a Gerard-girl, eh, guy. ;-P

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The US presidential election. I stayed up all night and when Obama won, I cried while jumping up and down like an idiot.

36. Who did you miss?
People who may still be alive, but have turned into different people.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a lot of cool people, but meeting Polle was the coolest meet-up!

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end. Stole that quote from Efasemdarmaour.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Are we human, or are we dancer?" doesn't sum up my year, but it affirms my belief that dancers are, in fact, not human. I should know, I used to be one.

2 opmerkingen :

  1. Wat ben jij een liefje. Ik vond het ook supercool om jou te ontmoeten, en om deze survey te lezen ook overigens. Een heel fijn 2009 voor jou filled with better health, less stress and more flow!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. @ Polle: *bloost, doet poot over snoet en spint vervolgens wat* Dankjewel! *bloost nog wat meer*

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Blog Design by Get Polished